The latest opportunities in the global architectural lighting design industry:
Electrolight is a specialist lighting design consultancy with offices in Sydney, Melbourne and London. We are currentlyranked #2 in the prestigious illumni Creative Ladder.
We are looking for a specialist lighting designer to join the growing London studio in Shoreditch, EC2A.
The role in brief:
● Managing a range of projects from client brief to commissioning.
● Formulating lighting concepts, selecting luminaires.
● Documentation of concepts, layouts, details and schematics.
● Project cost estimating.
● Communicating with clients throughout the project.
● You will be passionate about light and the built environment, something that will be demonstrated through your portfolio.
● You will have a degree and masters qualification in design or architecture, with a recognised lighting design qualification at NVQ level 3 equivalent or above.
● You will have an excellent working knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Indesign, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, Dialux, AGI32.
● Moreover you will be able to demonstrate excellence in computational rendering using the AGI32 Plug-in for Autodesk Revit.
● You will be fluent in English, both spoken and written, and you will be comfortable meeting with and presenting to clients.
● You will be able to demonstrate that you have managed your own projects from concept to commissioning, and that you have worked independently on simultaneous projects.
In return, we will provide an inspiring work environment, some cool projects to work on and some cool people to sit next to.
Salary between £25,000 and £42,000 depending upon experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and folio to email@example.com
dpa has created an international lighting consultancy Practice, which puts “design excellence” as its main focus. We are working on a wide range of exciting projects throughout the world. Our work includes lighting for all aspects of the built environment.
With offices in Dubai, London, Japan and Oxfordshire, we currently have the following vacancies for suitably talented lighting design professionals:
Dubai Office, U.A.E
• Senior Designers
• Designers with some relevant experience
London Office, UK
Oxfordshire Office, UK
• Senior Designers
• Designers with some relevant experience
These are important roles within the Practice and encompass all aspects of a Lighting Design Studio. Remuneration for all vacancies will be commensurate with experience.
The Dubai position enjoys a tax free environment subject to personal taxation circumstances.
Applicants applying for the Senior Designer positions must have previous relevant experience with an independent lighting consultancy. Excellent written and spoken English is also essential. Applicants need to demonstrate outstanding creative, technical and project management skills appropriate to the positions.
Initial interviews can take place in the UK or U.A.E.
For further details about dpa, please refer to our website: www.dpalighting.com
Please e-mail your application letter and CV along with examples of completed projects where you have had a significant contribution, to Bryony Garrett:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Lighting Designer
Firefly Lighting Design is an award-winning lighting consultancy with studios in London and Hong Kong, working at the highest level of the architectural lighting design industry on projects all over the globe.
We are looking for a Senior Lighting Designer to join our expanding team in London.
You must have a minimum of 4 years experience in architectural lighting design, have experience in running a wide range of projects from conception to completion, excellent communication and presentation skills, demonstrate initiative and be able to manage a team.
We expect extensive knowledge of all relevant software packages and we are looking for someone with creativity, enthusiasm, self-motivation and attention to detail.
To apply, please send CV, covering letter to:
Candy Crane, Office Manager – email@example.com
SENIOR LIGHTING DESIGNER / LIGHTING DESIGNER
John Cullen are looking for an experienced lighting scheme designer to join our award winning design team.
You will ideally have a minimum of two to three year's experience designing schemes for high-end residential projects and be looking to make a move up the career ladder.
Reporting to the Design Director, you will be responsible for designing and project managing your own projects with support from an internal team.
The ideal candidate will be creative and have excellent project management skills with a keen interest in residential interiors. They will also be confident in dealing with clients and developing these relationships.
Please send your CV along with a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior & Junior Lighting Designers Required
We need new recruits.
We need to boost numbers in the Pub Quiz team.
I think we have Tudor History and questions about Dolly Parton covered...football as long as the questions are about Arsenal... know anything about lighting?
We are lighting consultants based over in East London.
We need more Senior and Junior Designers who know things.
Our work is varied over a range of commercial and private projects in both the UK and internationally. We are looking for the right people who want to join our team; for prospective colleagues who want to work in a collaborative and friendly design environment; for skilled designers who want to bring exciting ideas to the table and to see them come to fruition.
A preference for cheese & onion crisps is desirable but not a deal-breaker.
Applicants should have a minimum two years lighting design experience and be fully literate in AutoCAD, Word and Dialux as well as Indesign and Photoshop. 3D modelling skills in Rhino and Sketchup would be useful but not a prerequisite.
A good level of written and spoken English is expected of any prospective candidates.
Please send us a covering email, along with a current CV and any examples of previous projects you have worked on by Friday 24th April.
Make it addressed to Peter Pritchard at email@example.com
KKDC is an international manufacturer of high quality LEDs and LED luminaires.
We have a new facility in Korea with offices around the world, including the global head office in the heart of London Bridge. Opportunities within KKDC cannot be understated; we are experiencing phenomenal growth and expect continued success. The UK sales function is key to that success, so we are keen to build a team of capable and loyal individuals. There will be pressure to succeed and targets but there will also be high reward and enjoyment taking these KKDC products to a growing market.
Senior Sales Engineer
Reporting directly to the Sales Director your responsibilities will include:
• Developing and maintaining relationships of key specifiers to maximise their specification potential.
• Achievement of turnover and profit targets.
• Raising market awareness of the company and identifying projects to tender/quote for.
In order to succeed in this role you must be a self-starter, willing to establish the sales capabilities for the UK specifiers and grow the market. You will need to demonstrate a consistent history of sales and business development operating at the highest level of selling architectural lighting products. You will be able to support clients through the sales process as well as act as project manager during the technical build and implementation phase. You should hold a full driving license as you will need to travel by car.
The role is principally to assist the UK sales team with project work and client liaison, this is to enable greater time for the sales team to generate new client contacts as well as continue with excellent servicing of existing clients. You will be directly accountable to the Sales Director but will be involved with all members of the team. You should have excellent communication skills, being able to correspond with different people on all levels and we prefer that you have technical sales or design experience. You should have a pro-active attitude, be well organised and have a willingness to learn about the company’s products and industry.
Remuneration package and commensurate with experience and ability. Package includes company pension scheme, life assurance scheme, and private health care.
Please email your application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIGHTALLIANCE are currently recruiting for our Dubai studio
SEAM is seeking talented, highly-motivated and personable lighting designers or architects with strong lighting sensibilities to join our busy studio. We are an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious design office specialising in architectural lighting design, and have expanded our reach to south-east Asia and Australia with a growing portfolio of notable projects worldwide. Current projects include large mixed-use leisure developments, lifestyle projects and iconic towers in the UK, Middle East, Thailand, Australia and Moscow with high-end residential and hospitality projects in London and other areas in the UK.
Senior Lighting Designer Required
SENIOR LIGHTING DESIGNER – LONDON OFFICE
Studio-29 is an independent lighting consultancy and light art studio.
We specialise in enhancing the environment through the use of light bringing together design disciplines to promote brand identity, marketing, product awareness, environment and wellbeing.
This is a rare opportunity as our London office is expanding and we require creative people with flare, imagination and skills. We want people to join us who are passionate about light and want to be part of the team and not just a cog in a machine.
SENIOR LIGHTING DESIGNER – Capable of managing projects of all scales, teams of designers and liaise effectively across all levels from contractor to board level. They must be driven and have excellent creative and technical experience with a high level of organisation and co-ordination skills.
LIGHTING DESIGNER – Applicants must have at least 2 years previous relevant experience with an independent lighting consultancy and need to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and presentation skills. AutoCad, MS Office, Dialux, Photoshop..
ASSISTANT LIGHTING DESIGNER – Applicants must be creative and have strong conceptual and presentation skill through hand drawn sketches and graphics. Experience with AutoCAd, MS Office, Dialux, Photoshop essential.
A high level of written and spoken English is essential for all roles.
Samples of work and CV to: email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
LAPD is an award-winning, independent and free-thinking firm of lighting design consultants, with an extensive portfolio spanning multiple disciplines. We create unique lighting design solutions and provide innovative product designs for an international clientele.
We have the following vacancy within the team at our beautiful offices located close to Welwyn Garden City:
We need an enthusiastic lighting designer with experience in AutoCAD, Dialux, Photoshop and ideally Adobe In-design. Initially the role will be to support different project teams on a variety of jobs within the retail and architectural sectors. Visual communication of ideas is essential.
For more information on the above role please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2004 Control Lighting was set up to unite a dedicated teams of architectural and theatrical lighting professionals to offer customised, highly reliable and user friendly lighting control solutions. As a professional lighting controls and systems integration company, our controls design through to system integrations, project management and delivery is completely independent.
With extensive experience in the design of architectural lighting control systems, incorporating both static and colour changing schemes have been employed by cruise ships, corporate headquarters, the retail sector, public spaces, places of worship and exterior lighting schemes, to list just a few of the market areas that Control Lighting are engaged in. The unique lighting control projects are based on well established technology and sensitive application, which are hallmarks of our contribution to a variety of architectural, artistic interior and exterior lighting projects.
Due to the companies continued expansion and involvement with exciting new projects, Control Lighting has a vacancy for a Projects Engineer based at our Oxford office.
• Highly supportive role to the Projects Director in delivering technical solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to project planning, ordering components and building lighting control systems according to wiring schematics.
• Be able to liaise with project site contractors/ electricians and discuss delivery of the project within specific timescales.
• Be able to carry out off-site preparation of the technical solution including pre-programming and formulation of relevant documentation.
• Be prepared to work with client requirements and where required, demonstrate the lighting control solution before final delivery.
• Have the ability to write project specific technical operational manuals and carry out end user training as required.
• Have some lighting and/or programming experience.
• Have some knowledge of the industry standard lighting control protocols.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, confident of taking on independently full project responsibilities, pro-active, have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
• Have experience of creative problem-solving to find solutions to technical challenges, as well as being thorough, accurate and highly organised.
• Numerate with an understanding of lighting and electrical technology.
• Have some lighting and/or programming experience.
• Have an understanding of the industry standard lighting control protocols.
• Be educated to A-level but must have a minimum of 5 O-Levels/ GCSE’s including Maths and English.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word, Some experience of using Autocad, Publisher and Visio would be advantageous but not essential.
• Have a clean full UK driving licence, and be prepared to travel in UK and abroad.
In return, we offer a competitive remuneration package and a unique opportunity for professional and personal development.
To apply, please submit your CV together with a supporting statement clearly addressing how you meet the candidate criteria, your current remuneration package and expectations to: