Cinimod Studio is looking for a mid-level lighting designer (2 years solid lighting experience with a strong architectural background), to work a diverse range of projects, within the studios architectural lighting team.
Cinimod Studio is a cross-discipline practice based in London specialising in the fusion of architecture, lighting design, and art. Within the studio those from each specialism typically work either cross- discipline on a per- project basis or within their specialist teams. The lighting team itself is a strong core team of typically 3-4 people, and the position is for someone who will be happy to work within a team that work collaboratively on most projects, with individual projects on a case by case basis. The participant will therefore need to be comfortable working alone, but also at ease in a team environment. They should be someone who looks to actively interrogate the brief in whatever format; acting proactively and with initiative to ensure that the studios work continue to be at the highest standard, and that Cinimod Studio continues to push the boundaries of what innovative, collaborative and exciting lighting design can be.
The position is for an individual who has prior experience of lighting design, with a proven track record of working on high quality projects and working on all stages, from concept, specification, detailing, loading and control schedules, and commissioning. You will also be involved in a variety of multi-disciplinary lighting projects in which general lighting design and bespoke feature lighting integrate seamlessly.
The ideal candidate should have either formal training in lighting design or a good level of experience in the industry. Architectural lighting experience is a requirement, and any stage or event lighting a major benefit. The role will require travel around Europe, and regular visits to the project sites.
• Fluency in English
• A strong lighting design portfolio, with evidence of exploring new ways of problem solving
• Good knowledge of lighting suppliers
• Strong knowledge of LED lighting in particular
• An understanding of all aspects of a projects process, with experience in dealing with all parties; from architects and clients, to contractors and suppliers, either in person or via clear, written correspondence.
• Be confident in presenting work on behalf of a team to clients at external meetings, and internally.
• Bonus: Have a working knowledge of lighting control programming (eg. DMX, DALI, etc).
• Be competent in using various lighting design packages (eg. Dialux, Relux, etc.)
• Bonus: Experience in aiming luminaires and commissioning on-site.
• A talent for further computer software packages, including 2d/3d (Autocad/Rhino/etc) and graphics software.
• Be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment.
• Be hands on. Be confident in setting up mock-ups of specified products, and happy to work on larger scale physical models, in a team that takes the opportunity to create 1:1 mock ups where appropriate.
• To apply please email a CV and portfolio to: email@example.com with ‘Lighting Designer’ and your name in the subject line.
• We will arrange interviews with a number of applicants at our London studio.
• If you have not had a reply within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Please visit our website for information on Cinimod Studio: www.cinimodstudio.com
• Salary to be determined based on experience.
• Standard job benefits/terms will apply.